We, at Deretil Nature, also offer our customers NaturOlive OE, a standarized olive leaf extract with high purity in Oleuropein. Oleuropein is another treasure of the Mediterranean diet that is recognized because of its valuable beneficial properties in preventing cardiovascular diseases.
Oleuropein is the major antioxidant component of green olive pulp and olive leaves, which grants EVOO its particular bitter taste and important healthful properties.
The beneficial effects of olive polyphenols, such as Oleuropein, have been recognized by the EU Risk Assessment Body for Food and Feed Safety (EFSA Journal 2011; 9 (4):2033). This scientific statement, with more than 2.500 articles and entries among research studies and patents, support the healthful properties that Oleuropein provides to our health. Apart from highlighting its high antioxidant and antimicrobial activity, it has also important therapeutic properties as cardioprotective, anti-inflammatory, lowering blood pressure and anti-cancer remedy.
Main biological benefits for cardiovascular health:
Prevention of cardiovascular diseases: It contributes with antioxidant benefits to prevent the oxidation of cholesterol LDL (“bad” cholesterol), being able to favor a good coronary function. LDL oxidation causes development of atherosclerotic injuries and formation of atheromatous plaques.
Reduction of blood pressure and vascular system protection: Different studies prove that Oleuropein, administered intravenously, reduces blood pressure and dilates coronary arteries. In fact, Oleuropein can inhibit the oxidation of cholesterol carried by low density lipoprotein (LDL), which results into a potential effect of Oleuropein to prevent heart diseases.
Anti-inflammatory activity: Oleuropein is responsible for the beneficial effects against inflammation and platelet aggregation. Scientific studies show that Oleuropein increases nitric oxide production in macrophages stimulated by lipo-polysaccharides. In addition, Oleuropein has got an anti-inflammatory effect because of the inhibition of lipoxygenase activity and leukotriene B4 production.
A daily dose of 50 – 100 mg contributes to all the aforementioned functionalities, while improving and maintaining our cardiovascular system.
AVAILABLE PRODUCT GRADES:
- NaturOlive OE 12 S: Spray-dried powder with 12 % Oleuropein content, a green-brownish solid manufactured only with water, without using any organic solvent.
NaturOlive OE 12 S
- NaturOlive OE 35 S: Spray-dried poder with 35 % Oleuropein content, a brown solid extracted only with water.
NaturOlive OE 35 S
NaturOlive OE has been registered in the EU that can be added as an ingredient in food supplements. Cod. NUT/PL/AS: 3350/5.
For more information, please get in contact with: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lockyer Stacey et al.; Secoiridoids delivered as olive leaf extract induce acute improvements in human vascular function and reduction of an inflammatory cytokine: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over trial; From The British journal of nutrition (2015), 114(1), 75-83.
- Bock Martin et al.; Human absorption and metabolism of oleuropein and hydroxytyrosol ingested as olive (Olea europaea L.) leaf extract; From Molecular nutrition & food research (2013), 57(11), 2079-85.
- Bock Martin et al.; Olive (Olea europaea L.) leaf polyphenols improve insulin sensitivity in middle-aged overweight men: a randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover trial; From PloS one (2013), 8(3), e57622.
- Imed Hassen, Hervé Casabianca, Karim Hosni; Biological activities of the natural antioxidant oleuropein: Exceeding the expectation – A mini-review; Journal of Functional Foods (2014).EFSA Journal 2011; 9(4):2033.
- Lockyer, Stacey; Rowland, Ian; Spencer, Jeremy Paul Edward; Yaqoob, Parveen; Stonehouse, Welma; Impact of phenolic-rich olive leaf extract on blood pressure, plasma lipids and inflammatory markers: a randomised controlled trial; European Journal of Nutrition (2016).