The Mediterranean diet is well-known worldwide because of its healthful nature.
Numerous scientific studies prove that it is associated to:
- Lower incidence of cardiovascular diseases
- Blood-pressure-reducing effects for anyone with high cholesterol
- Lower ratio of neurodegenerative diseases
- Lower ratio of abdominal obesity
- Reduction of high-blood-pressure
- Reduces the risk of heart attack or stroke
- Reduces by 30 % the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, without reducing caloric intake, weight or physical exercise
- It also enhances the embryonic and fetal development and decreases ovulatory and infertility problems
In 2012, a study of more than 10,000 volunteers found that people who followed a Mediterranean diet regularly, won best score in the “Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQOL)” scale-related quality of life.
The main eating habits of this diet comprise, among others, the consumption of olive oil and moderate red wine intake. It has been scientifically proven that many of the benefits associated with olive oil, are directly related to the containing health potentials, among which hydroxytyrosol, oleuropein and maslinic acid stand out. In the same way, the benefits of wine are attributed to natural antioxidants polyphenols present in grape.
Deretil Nature has created a new line of health products 100 % natural, rich in these healthful components and developed through the latest biotechnology clean edge techniques: